How do I apply for Weatherization?
Bring the following 3 types of information to a staffed SSCAC Intake Site :
Proof of income for the most recent 30 days for all household members 18 years of age and older.
- Wages - provide 4 consecutive paystubs for the most recent 30 days
- Fixed Income - copy of most recent check or printout from the source
- Child support - copies of canceled checks or court order, or stubs from the Department of Revenue
- Unemployment - two recent consecutive stubs showing 4 weeks of income
- Self employed - copy of prior year's entire tax package including all schedules
Proof of identity - one of the following documents:
- Driver's license
- Social Security card
- Paystub with Social Security Number
- State I.D. card
Proof of street address - one of the following documents:
- Driver's license - if it matches the address on the application
- Current bill - gas, telephone, electric or cable bill as long as it shows your street address (not post office box)
- Current lease
Where do I apply?
SSCAC, Inc. provides fuel assistance to residents of 39 South Shore and Cape and Islands towns listed below:
Aquinnah; Barnstable; Bourne; Brewster; Carver; Chatham; Chilmark; Cohasset; Dennis; Duxbury; Eastham; Edgartown; Falmouth; Gosnold; Halifax; Hanover; Harwich; Hingham; Hull; Kingston; MAshpee; MArshfield; Middleboro; Nantucket; Norwell; Oak Bluffs; Orleans; Pembroke; Plymouth; Plympton; Provincetown; Sandwich; Scituate; Wellfleet; Yarmouth; Tisbury; West Tisbury; Truro; Wareham
If you have never applied for Fuel Assistance through South Shore Community Action Council, Inc., or one of our many outreach sites, you must apply in person.