Financial Literacy

What To Bring To Your VITA Tax Appointment

All appointments are at SSCAC's main office at 71 Obery St. in Plymouth.

Please Bring The Following Documents

  1. Proof of identification (photo ID) for yourself (and your spouse if married
    filing jointly).
  2. Proof of Health Insurance Coverage (Form 1095-A, B or C).
  3. Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received
  4. Social Security cards for you, your spouse, and dependents you will claim on your tax return.If you do not have Social Security cards, you can bring in documentation from the Social Security Administration that shows Social Security numbers for yourself and/or members of your household.
  5. An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter may be substituted for you, your spouse and your dependents if you do not have a Social Security number.
  6. If you are applying for an ITIN, you must bring in proof of foreign status.
  7. Birth dates for you, your spouse, and dependents on the tax return.
  8. All wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099's) from all employers.
  9. Interest and dividend statements from banks (Form 1099).
  10. A copy of last year's federal and state returns, if you have them.
  11. Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit, such as a blank check or account statement.
  12. If you are married and filing jointly, both spouses must be present for the appointment and bring photo ID.
  13. If you had day care expenses in 2018, bring in the total amount you paid for daycare, the name and address of your day care provider, and the daycare provider's tax ID number, such as their Social Security number or business Employer Identification Number (EIN).
  14. If you had any capital gains or losses (from dividends, stocks and bonds, exchanges, etc.) last year, documentation of gains/losses.
  15. If you paid rent in 2018, bring in the total amount you paid in rent.
  16. If you had debt cancelled in 2018, Form 1099-C.
  17. If your Head of Household is over 65, you may qualify for the MA Circuit Breaker Credit. Bring total real estate tax paid in 2018 AND total water & sewer paid to city/town in 2017.
  18. If you had education expense in 2018, bring your 1098-T form from the educational institution.
  19. If you paid any student loan interest in 2018, bring your student loan bills/statements.
  20. If you have any rental property that you own, SSCAC cannot file your tax return.