JOIN OUR TEAM
South Shore Community Action Council
Immediate Part Time Opening
Parent-Child Playgroup Leader
SSCAC seeks a part-time Parent-Child Playgroup Leader for our South Shore Family Network (SSFN). Our SSFN provides a variety of community-based activities for children and parents to support children’s early literacy, motor development, and kindergarten readiness.
The Playgroup Leader will travel to multiple locations on the South Shore each week to lead 1 ½ hour, literacy-based or STEM-based Parent-Child playgroups. Locations include children’s libraries, elementary schools, and community buildings. Playgroups are geared toward children age 3 – 5 years old. The Playgroup Leader will work with our SSFN Coordinator to develop and implement lesson plans based on existing literacy and STEM curricula.
- CDA or Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood or related field
- Prior preschool teaching experience and MA -EEC certification preferred, but not necessary
- Medical certificate/TB test prior to beginning employment
- Statement of no record – CORI
- Ability to work independently & travel
- Candidate must be able to clearly communicate and write lesson plans and curriculum for age appropriate based models including STEM, and provide documented examples at interview.
- MA Valid driver’s license in good standing
18 hours/week; 52 weeks/yr. Benefits Do Not Apply, however, holidays & MA state mandates Sick time apply.
SSCAC, Inc. is an EEO, handicap-accessible employer.
Good pay & team environment!